SWIP UK Funding Policy
The Society for Women in Philosophy (SWIP UK) has a small amount of money that can be made available to those in need of financial assistance to attend or organise events associated with SWIP UK. In the event of our funding not being fully allocated as above, we may consider applications from individuals or event organisers who are in need of financial assistance to attend or host philosophical meetings that cohere with the aims of SWIP UK.
All financial awards will be made in line with our Funding Policy (see below).
How to Apply
All funding applications should be made via email to Meena
Dhanda and Katharine
Jenkins. Applications will then be discussed by the SWIP UK
Funding Committee. SWIP UK aims to advise applicants of the outcome of
decisions via email within one month of the closing date for that
round of applications. There are three application deadlines per year.
Each year the application deadlines are as follows: the 1st
of February, the 1st of June, and the 1st
Applications should include:
- The names, institutional affiliations (if applicable) and correspondence addresses of all of the applicants,
- A clear budget overview stating the amount applied for and, in the case of conferences, expected income and expenditure. Individuals applying for funding need only provide their predicted expenses and details of any additional funding they have received for the event in question.
- A brief (no more than 300 words) description of the reason for the application and the aims and purposes of the proposed event.
- Event organisers only: a brief statement of the steps you are taking to implement the BPA/SWIP Good Practice Scheme for conference organisers.
SWIP UK Funding Policy
SWIP UK will award funding in line with the following guidelines:
- Applicants must be Members or Friends of SWIP UK.
- Priority will be given to applicants applying for funds needed to attend or organise SWIP UK events.
- We will only fund event applications that comply with the BPA/SWIP Good Practice Scheme for conference organisers.
- A maximum of Â£150 will be allocated per event. The maximum amount awarded to individuals applying for financial assistance is Â£100.
- Priority will be given to applications for financial assistance from students and people who are unemployed/underemployed.
- In the event of a SWIP UK sponsored event running at a surplus, excess funds must be returned (proportionately) to SWIP UK.
- Bursaries awarded to individuals will be awarded in arrears and on receipt of all relevant supporting evidence (invoices for conference fees, travel/subsistence receipts etc).
- Prior to an application for financial assistance being made to SWIP UK, we ask that alternative sources of funding (i.e. from a home institution or funding body) be pursued.
Site Content Â© SWIP UK. All rights reserved.