Welcome to SWIP UK
University of York Feminist Society - The Society for Women in Philosophy UK supports the campaign for a University of York Feminist Society.
Forthcoming: SWIP UK Panel at the 2013 Joint Session of the Mind Association and Aristotelian Society, University of Exeter (14th July)
Gillian Howie. We regret to share terribly sad news of the death of Gillian Howie, who has been a long-standing and vital member of the SWIP-UK executive committee. See Notices in Memoriam.
New Mentoring Scheme - In association with the BPA, SWIP UK has launched a new mentoring scheme for women in philosophy. See our Mentoring and Crises page for details.
SWIP UK is an organisation of UK women in philosophy, including students and professionals, working within or outside academic departments.
SWIP UK's aims are
- to facilitate co-operation between women in philosophy
- to support women in philosophy
- to promote philosophy by women, past and present
- to foster feminism in philosophy and philosophy in feminism
- to collect information of interest to women in philosophy
- to raise public awareness of discrimination against women in philosophy, past and present
- to end discrimination against women in philosophy
SWIP UK seeks to achieve these aims by
- inviting women to become members
- appointing executive officers
- holding conferences
- holding meetings to plan activities and appoint officers
- offering mentoring and support for women in need
- working with other organisations
- gathering and publicising data on women in philosophy
- lobbying to end discrimination against women
SWIP UK welcomes offers of help to develop this website, organise conferences, contribute to mentoring and support, and gathering and using data on women in philosophy in the UK and internationally.
SWIP UK welcomes comments and queries.
Site Content © SWIP UK. All rights reserved. Site designed by Argument from Design.